Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Maltese painter of Romania, Egypt and Ottoman Empire

 Salvete Omnes,

I am always looking for fresh images showing old Balkan and Danubian Europe, and Ottomans etc, and via wiki commons we can enjoy the fabulous gallery of works by an amazingly sure-handed painter from Malta - Amadeo Preziosi -1816-82.
There are plenty of his watercolors and chromolithorgaphs to peruse and marvel at.




What draws me to his art, per my blog's equestrian interests, is the number of images showing horse and oxen wagons, as well as camels (in his Egyptian book),  and these historic renderings do offer plenty of interest to me.




here, I have corralled some, more you can find on the wiki gallery  devoted to Amadeo Preziosi's art.













1860s Romanian cavalry & military etc





Valete

No comments: