Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Shenanigans in Kaunas War Museum, Lithuania

 Salvete Omnes,
I have been defrauded by Paypal (more than 1000 dollars), Russian publisher and some Polish writer. But this is old, now something new. 



on Monday I found out through Facebook page of this gentleman  - Aliaksei Lastouski - that the Vytauto Didziojo Karo Miziejus( Vitatuas War Museum) in Kaunas, Republic of Lithuanian, used my own drawing for their exhibit without any consent nor permission from me. 


Note that the exhibit was created with the cooperation with the Andrey Sheptytsky National Museum of Lviv, Ukraine. And Radoslaw Sikora's splendid book on the winged hussars was published in Ukraine in 2019AD . In that book my drawing, along with others,. was published on page 156 of that Ukrainian edition .

But hardly a hilarious aspect of this fact is that they did not ask me for any permission to use my drawing in this displays prior to setting up this display within their exhibit - they not only used my drawing but also manipulated it and after manipulation enlarged it to monstrous size, that was never intended by me to be made this large - due to limitation of the technique used. I am not flattered nor please. I am wronged. 

I am providing a link to the exhibit and  attaching the photo by Aliaskei Lastouski on the privilege & purpose of citation - 

I wonder what they - the Museum - gonna offer as an excuse, justification and whether they provide me with any compensation here.
I wonder how they got a copy of my artwork ? 

c'est la vie nowadays I guess

Valete
ps today is 911  - 



No comments: