Monday, November 14, 2022

The Adrianopol book cover - full

 Salvete Omnes,

last year I did a cover for a military history  book on the battle of Adrianopole1205AD by Jakub Juszynski - the  Infort Editions publisher - I wrote about it in August 2021.

I finally got the copy of the entire book cover jacket - which I would like to share with you, although it is all in Polish - but I am certain you could appreciate the graphic design scheme etc of this publisher.


it was a battle fought by  Baldwin I, emperor of the newly-created Latin Empire and his allies the Venetians against the alliance of king Kaloyan of Bulgaria Second Empire and his Cuman(Polovetz) allies (his wife Anna was a Polovetz princess).

nota bene, this map below shows the economy of Send Bulgarian Empire - note that the horses were mostly bred in the ancient Thrace region of the Balkans. Under the Byzantine Empire  this ancient Thrace area was one of the centers of horse breeding and cavalry recruiting for the East Roman emperor and their armies.


enjoy

Valete

1 comment:

Dario T. W. said...

https://lubimyczytac.pl/ksiazka/4970845/adrianopol-14-kwietnia-1205-wielka-bitwa-polowcow-z-zachodem