Thursday, March 7, 2013

Daily drawing

Salve,
nice pre-spring day is upon us and here I come with another of my daily drawings/sketches. This time I am showing here  an American West subject - a vaquero riding his  range ''pardner' and using a spade curb bit and jaquima (hackamore) at the same time.. This was a pen drawing and I used GIMP to manipulate a bit this sketch


For all those that do sculpting horses or wanting to learn horse anatomy (for drawing, sculpting or painting, or perhaps their quine studies anatomy class) this presentation by Jeff Wolf is a great tool in itself and I think his resin models are rather required, but then my opinion in this matter will be  subjected to  the famous Latin saying - de gustibus et coloribus non disputandum est.
Horse head skeleton anatomy explained - by the University of Kentucky Roberta Dwyer

No comments: