Monday, November 20, 2023

Charley Russell as illustrator - from The Uphill Climb

 Salvete Omnes,


as I have been saying over the years I am a fan of maestro Russell's brushes through and through (and inks and pencils etc).
I peruse the Archive World Library pretty often and with much 'mucho gusto.' 
So today a little entry about his plates from the book title The Uphill Climb- a western novel by a 'real westerner' Bertha Muzzy Sinclair aka B. M. Bower (one of the most prolific writers of the Old West ) published in 1918.

I have not read the book (I may listen to it, nota bene there is a large Librivox library of Ms Bower's novels) , I just enjoy the plates in their black and white (and their variety of  grays) glory - :) 

Russell's illustrations are full of authenticity and minute details representing the life of the cowboys and ranchers of the era. I wonder if the color paintings of these plates exist? 








Valete

No comments: