Friday, March 1, 2024

New Month & Sketches

 Salvete Omnes,

BiC  & Rystar, Zenith, Rotring, Toma ball pens, Pentel pencil, watercolor paints and gouache 


we have a brand new month of this 'year of the Farmers protest' 2024 - new hopes and new projects  for me and my brushes & pens.
I would like to share some of my sketches and drawings done on real paper :) 

have not done watercolor in a long while - time to start doing more , this month and all



just playing with ballpen on the winged hussar theme



winged hussar or deli in making - there is a project on hussars and Swedes to me drawn and painted

I was looking at some Marek Szyszko's old illustrations and came up with my own boy ride - I am going to redraw this one and then do a watercolor for a friend 



I am going to do some Parthian drawings and illustrations

one of these days I am going to do some Heracles-themed sketches - lion pelt, bow, gorytus & his stone studded club

ps

Today in Poland-EU they commemorate the Cursed  Soldiers of the post-War World II anti-communist struggle  - let us remember old Roman saying - vae victis!

ps'

Painting by Zdzislaw Walczak - charge at Borujsko 


today, but in 1945 Polish Army cavalry charged German position at Borujsk - the last Polish cavalry charge in their history
1st Warsaw Independent Cavalry Brigade of the Polish Army (on the Eastern Front) charged the defending German positions (of the Die Pommernstellung )  and was victorious in breaking and capturing the enemy positions. 

painting by Michal Bylina, owned by the Polish Army museum in Warsaw, Poland-EU

Edward Mesjasz (1983) - Borujsko


Valete

3 comments:

Dario T. W. said...

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=771824532847454&set=a.522967314399845 more Borujsko by Zygmunt Walczak

James Fisher said...

Marvellous compositions, as always.
The works of others that you posted are beaut too.
Regards, James

Dario T. W. said...

hello James,
and thank you very much !