Thursday, May 18, 2023

Alfred Dehodencq sketching horse and rider from Europe and North Africa, Gypsy, donkey & dogs

 Salvete Omnes,





today a long title to my post but a short gallop across some of the artwork by a French XIX century master Alfred Dehodencqwiki



Sketches and watercolor studies -  more on wiki commons .. 




















and  paintings of les Bohemiens (the Gypsy Roma on their wandering ) - Spanish most likely, as he had gone to Spain after 1848 AD or so.   





Valete


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Thank you VERY much for posting here the studies! I have posted these pieces on commons, and I am very glad to see it has been useful and appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for posting here the Dehodencq's studies! I had posted them on commons, and am I am glad to see that it has been useful and tht they are appreciated! Jean-Marc

Dario T. W. said...

Dear Jean-Marc,
thank You for posting these wonderful sketches and studies!
I do appreciate your work - and thank you for reminding me about your excellent work done to select and post these images.
sincerely

Anonymous said...

Dear Dario; thank you for your kind feedback.
For information I have just posted today another study by Dehodencq which, may be, could interest you and possibly the readers of your blog:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Dehodencq_A._-_Charcoal_-_Etude_de_Quadrige_au_galop_-_32x49.7cm.jpg#%7B%7Bint%3Afiledesc%7D%7D
Jean-Marc

Dario T. W. said...

Hello de novo dear Jean-Marc,
my pleasure...

and thank you for this excellent study by Dehodencq!