Sunday, April 28, 2024

Adrian Goldsworthy - on Ytube et al.

 Salvete Omnes,



Spring in fuller bloom I suppose, and I have a little post for you here.



a month ago I finished reading the last volume of the Vindolanda-Victory saga by Adrian Goldsworthy (author of The Roman Army at War, and many others on the ancient military history and leaders) - Ferox and Vindex had been my friends for all these years - so to speak. I actually re-read the first three books using the audiobook platform of  Overdrive.
Then I discovered that dr Goldsworthy has his Ytube platform, where he shares his research, knowledge and passion for the ancient Rome and ancient history in general.
There is already a huge number of programs to watch and/or listen to.
Per the Youtube presentations I particularly enjoyed author's program titled  Pontius Pilate's real bodyguards - the Roman army in Judea before the Great Uprising (4BC- 66AD).

So enjoy perusing the Yt library or borrow, rent or otherwise explore the many works of dr Adrian Goldsworthy.



ps

I have not read his Napoleonic series novels. and I am going to start the audiobook on the Rome and Persia wars & rivalry

Valete

No comments: