Monday, November 29, 2021

W. T. Hamilton & C.M. Russell

 Salvete Omnes,

from wiki commons


as always you can count on the world library - archive.org. So a quick entry of book that can be found (several scans of the same volume) at the site.
The book - My Sixty years on the plains, trapping, trading, and Indian fighting - was written by William Thomas Hamilton.

In the old days  this esteemed Western historian George Bird Grinnell wrote a little biographical information in the entry to his book - Beyond the Old Frontier - published in 1913.





The 1905 book by Hamilton was published with a number of excellent illustrations painted by one of the most popular artist of the Old American West - Charles Marion Russell.

I 'corralled' them for you all :











we may return to this book in the future...

Valete

3 comments:

McKenzie Devereaux said...

HELLO DARIO
IM THEODORE
5-21-23 (Sunday)

I'm researching all things old west (1830s, specifically) for a RADIO DRAMA project called SALTY SPURS which i've embarked upon. It's set along the california coast, but i'm exploring all 11 western states (including Wyoming -- where my relatives lived in the 1800s)...

I'd love to consult with you for specific knowledge you may have concerning BEAR RIVER, Wyoming (Near Evanston & FORT BRIDGER0.

Thanks in advance.
BCPODZ@GMAIL.com
bcpodz.com/salty-spurs

-THEODORE
:-)

McKenzie Devereaux said...

Please contact me regarding an old west radio drama PROJECT on which i'm working.
Thanks in advance.

-THEO

bcpodz.com/salty-spurs

Dario T. W. said...

Hello Theodore,
thank you for visiting my blog, much appreciated .
I am afraid I do not have any specific knowledge about Bear Rive in Wyoming.
While it is true that I have been doing my readings in the Indian, mountain men and settlers history of Wyoming, Colorado, Montana, and Idaho etc, I think I cannot offer you any specifics about Fort Bridger/Bear River etc during that period.
Therefore all the best with your project - it does sound very interesting and appealing to anyone of us out there who are interested in the history and lore of the American West.
cheers