Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Daily sketch

Salve,
I have been working on this sketch, so far I am happy with the horse and how he is developing. Pinto horses were very amongst  the most popular mounts with Polish nobility, judging from the primary sources more colourful the horse coat happier the owner. Remeber that going after the Byzantine and Turkish fashion they even dyed the horses, with red dye, for parades and cavalcades, and perhaps the battles too.

Now I have to turn to the rider, fix his clothing, arms, and horse tack.
My intention is to create a XVI century Polish or Hungarian nobleman, we will see how it develops.
I will show you the updates in the near future.


Great song by dr Jacek Kowalski, scholar, poet, singer and translator of the Old French (medieval) poetry.

No comments: