Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Daily drawing

Salve Friends,
 I am going to start a 'new activity' on my blog, apart from the  usual sketches, drawings, paintings and smaller or bigger talk on horses, history, historic horsemanship and chivalry etc.
My plan is to show as frequently ad possible and perhaps at least 4-5 days a week a new drawing or sketch or some other image done my own hand. Well, fingers crossed because AUDACES FORTUNA IUVAT  the ancient Romans used to say  ( Fortune favors the brave. Virgil, Aeneid 10, 284)  .
                                                                     *
I am saddled, so to speak, so let us start right away today :)

... a sketch of a XVI century Polish (Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth) or Hungarian horseman I did  with a German fountain pen on paper, photographed and then manipulated via MyPaint watercolor brushes (by deevad aka David Revoy - many thanks)


.... and the same digitalized  sketch treated with GIMP cartoon filter


 
The sketch is but a sketch so it is obviously not a finished drawing/digital watercolor
                                                         ***
Nota bene I have been looking at Medieval manuscripts available on the German and French libraries sites and I wish you to inform you that I will share with you what I have been finding

No comments: